Vanguard Communications is a Hispanic-woman owned, full-service advocacy communications company located in Washington, D.C., that develops and implements campaigns about critical social issues. We are seeking a full-time Senior Account Executive with a strong background in Web-based communication platforms and social media who can integrate those strategies into public education and social marketing campaigns for our clients. The Senior Account Executive will provide expert and innovative advice on issues related to public health, food and agriculture, consumer protection, and education, as well as policy change. When applicable, the Senior Account Executive will have responsibility for day-to-day coordination, budgeting and client relations on multiple contracts. The successful candidate will be expected to handle both managerial and hands-on responsibilities. The position reports to the Vice President of Account Services.
Responsibilities include the following:
* Leading the Vanguard Online Services Group;
* Developing digital media strategies for Vanguard clients;
* Integrating Web-based communication platforms and social media into strategic campaigns;
* Identifying and establishing relationships with online journalists and bloggers;
* Managing outreach efforts to online journalists and bloggers;
* Providing advice and auditing related to Web site development;
* Implementing search engine optimization for client and Vanguard Web products;
* Designing and delivering in-house, client and grassroots training modules related to digital media strategies;
* Developing podcasts, webinars and other innovative tools for use by Vanguard clients;
* Overseeing maintenance, improvements and integration for the Vanguard Web site;
* Developing and monitoring project budgets and application of human and financial resources;
* Applying general knowledge of media relations, brand management, partnerships, materials development, social marketing and cultural competence to client strategies;
* Providing direct supervision of staff as necessary, as well as matrix management of account team members; and
* Pursuing new business opportunities and participating in proposal development to contribute to corporate growth, and contributing to other corporate initiatives as requested/required.
Additional areas of growth in the position may include:
* Developing multi-language social media strategies;
* Implementing online and mobile fundraising tactics;
* Integrating mobile marketing techniques; and
* Measuring audience engagement.
* Minimum 4 years of professional communications/public relations experience. Experience in social marketing and/or non-profit communications is preferred.
* Minimum BA/BS degree in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or related field.
* Proven ability to successfully implement a wide-range of digital media strategies in support of social marketing/public education and media campaigns.
* Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills and experience managing both teams and individuals in multi-task program implementation.
* Strong writing skills, particularly Web writing.
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Experience in an agency setting is a plus.
* Some travel may be required.
Salary and benefits:
* Salary commensurate with experience.
* Excellent benefits, including public transportation subsidy.
Vanguard is an equal opportunity employer.
For consideration, please submit resume, salary requirement, and three links to relevant digital media projects, along with project descriptions.
2121 K Street, NW, Suite 300
Washington, DC 20037
No phone calls please.