Posted November 25th, 2009 by dlane
Virtual Computer, Inc.
Scope and Responsibilities
The Product Marketing Manager will play a high profile role in introducing a new, transformational technology to the marketplace, doing “whatever it takes” to ensure that Virtual Computer wins in a highly competitive enterprise software segment. For this critical role, we are seeking a competitive and self-motivated individual who combines a high level of business and technical acumen with the creativity and work ethic to outrun and outmaneuver larger and more established rivals.
Primary responsibilities for the Product Marketing Manager include:
- Create marketing documents and presentations that present complex concepts in a compelling way.
- Support the sales and executive teams with product demos and technical “air cover” in high profile customer and partnership meetings.
- Identify, assess, and develop strategic technology partnerships in concert with product management and business development.
- Represent Virtual Computer at trade shows and technical speaking engagements.
- Conceptualize and produce polished and timely videos to support product marketing and blogging efforts.
- Develop and maintain competitive analysis materials.
- Develop and maintain detailed ROI/TCO tools, providing consultation to customers as needed.
- Provide substantive content contributions across web and social media properties, including corporate blog, social media, and online user forums.
Desired Skills and Experience
Characteristics of an ideal Product Marketing Manager include:
- Above all else, an entrepreneurial spirit and unrelenting drive to win.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or business. MBA is highly desirable.
- 4+ years of enterprise software experience, reflecting a mix of technical and sales/business accomplishments.
- Deep experience with Microsoft operating systems, applications, and system management tools.
- Conversant in the pros and cons of the latest virtualization technologies from vendors such as Citrix, VMware, and Microsoft.
- Strategic thinker who is also willing to roll up his/her sleeves on a wide range of tasks in dynamic startup environment.
- Outstanding writing and public speaking skills.
- Experience with partner management and negotiation techniques.
- Highly adept at using the latest social media tools.
How to Apply:
To apply, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. If you include the hashtag #inbound in the subject line of your e-mail, your message will be automatically forwarded directly to the hiring manager.