Cheng & Tsui, a Boston-based educational publisher of Asian language textbooks and multimedia materials is seeking a dynamic and highly motivated Marketing Communications & Social Media Specialist. The ideal candidate is a talented and results-driven marketing professional who will develop and drive all social media, communications, and messaging strategies. Must have experience implementing effective social marketing tactics and creating copy and messaging for a variety of mediums. Experience in educational marketing and/or an interest in Asian languages and cultures a plus.
• Conceptualize, write, and deliver innovative copy and messaging for multi-channel initiatives including websites, catalogs, emails, brochures, newsletters, ads, and press releases.
• Write engaging promotional copy and product descriptions targeting educators and language learners. Understand product features, benefits, and key selling points.
• Generate publicity and buzz through online communities, blogs, listservs, message boards, video feeds, and other online forums. Manage and maintain Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and proprietary-branded communities. Post content and upload images, videos, and audio files.
• Develop SMO tactics. Drive web traffic and build interest among target markets.
• Research and stay current with social media trends. Implement best practices and utilize the latest technologies. Report social media metrics.
• Build, manage, and monitor Cheng & Tsui’s online community and resource center.
• Increase visibility and develop relations with Asian language associations and related educational organizations. Build and maintain a database of key contacts.
• Contribute to conference planning. Prepare messaging for signage and other materials.
• Explore mobile marketing opportunities. Develop and launch a plan targeting Asian language learners.
• Bachelor's Degree in communications, PR, advertising, marketing or journalism.
• 2 years of experience working with a variety of social media tools and technologies in a business context. Deep understanding of online marketing, social media and user generated content.
• 2 years of experience as a professional copywriter. Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills. Ability to write content and copy in any voice and a wide variety of styles. Solid understanding of basic marketing principles.
• Familiarity with web analytics to measure and report campaign effectiveness.
• Outstanding creative talent coupled with strong concept and strategic development skills.
• Self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment. Team player with a collaborative style.
• Some understanding of SEO and SEM a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience. 401K plan, health, dental, life and disability.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.