Fanscape is a leading Digital World of Mouth Marketing Agency with more than a decade of experience activating consumers through online and wireless media. Fanscape’s online influencer marketing efforts have an in-depth understanding of niche audiences and their online behaviors. Fanscape works with well known brands, musicians, films, television shows, and innovative technologies.
The Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing is a full-time position in Fanscape’s Digital Communications Department which specializes in online word-of-mouth and conversational marketing methods. This position will be engaged in multiple campaigns at all times and must ensure consistent successful execution. This person will take the lead on several marketing campaigns and manage a team to assist in the execution.
The ideal candidate should have some previous management experience and pride themselves on being highly organized, self-motivated and strategic. Additionally, this person should have intimate experience communicating in well-known social media, social networking and UGC outlets, along with niche web communities and blogs. Knowledge of popular culture, entertainment trends, and current technology is also a must. Additional responsibilities will include verbal and written reporting, along with presentation of success metrics, failures, and innovations learned from executed social media campaigns, and across the industry landscape as a whole.
Overall Role & Responsibilities
The Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing will report directly to the VP, Marketing and will be responsible for the following:
• Executing social media marketing campaigns
• Engaging in dialogue with consumers in niche and popular social media communities
• Developing relationships with and keeping track of innovations in blogs, social networks, UGC outlets, social bookmarking sites, and other appropriate social media destinations relevant to the project’s audience
• Identifying and communicating with online influencers present in various social media outlets
• Communicating internally about status of projects
• Communicating with clients about best practices and campaign status as needed
• Taking the lead on assigned campaigns and managing a team to assist in the marketing execution
• Developing campaign strategy, time lines, and action plans
• Working with a research department to determine success metrics on executed campaigns
• Monitoring new sites, technologies, and web trends and reporting them to the department and staff as needed
• Meeting quarterly individual and department goals as assigned by VP, Marketing
• Reporting and analyzing campaign results
Core Qualifications & Skills
• Organization: Must be a great multi-tasker with the ability to handle multiple campaigns simultaneously
• Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills, capable of transmitting detail-oriented information and reports
• Computer Savvy: Hands-on knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Social Media Expertise: Experience with major social media outlets (MySpace, Facebook, Twitter), niche social media environments, popular message boards/forums, social bookmarking outlets (Digg, Delicious, Stumble Upon), video portals (YouTube, MetaCafe, Vimeo), knowledge place sites (Mahalo, Yahoo! Answers, eHow), etc.
• Online Media Knowledge: Experience communicating with influential, active, and niche bloggers and in blogging communities
• Management: Must have previous experience in managing and leading a team
Educational & Work Experience Requirements
• Marketing or internet technology experience preferred
• BA or BS College degree required/Marketing, Communications or related field preferred
Qualified candidates please submit a resume and cover letter noting the position “Senior Manager, Social Media Marketing” to email@example.com for consideration.